Add all product of recipeAdd all product of recipe
Chicken with olives, raisins and onions (6 servings)
- 3 chicken breast halves on the boned
- 3 whole chicken legs
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 5-6 tbsp olive oil
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 40 ml sherry vinegar
- 350 g small pearl onions
- 300 g green pitted olives
- 350 g raisins
- 2-3 c chicken stock
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp whole black peppercorns
- 100 g pine -nuts
- Season chicken with s & p. In a large casserole, warm the olive oil. Add the chicken pieces in batches and brown over high heat, about 5 min per side. Remove chicken and discard the oil. Add the wine and vinegar and boil over hight heat, stirring until reduced by half.
- Return chicken to the casserole and add the onions, olives, raisins and enough stock to cover 2/3 of the chicken. Tie the cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon stick and peppercorns in cheesecloth and add to casserole. Bring to a simmer over moderately high heat and cover. Cook over very low heat until the chicken and onions are tender, 1 to 1 ½ hours. Skim off the fat. Taste the liquid and if necessary, remove the solids and boil down the liquid until it is full-flavored. Return everything and season with salt & pepper.
- Serve with orzo (barley-shaped pasta) sprinkled with toasted pine-nuts.