Spiced pumpkin, lentil and feta salad (for 6)
This hearty winter salad incorporates easy to find ingredients in Crete and other parts of the world.
- 3/4 cup lentils
- 6 cups -2.5 cm pieces peeled & seeded pumpkin (from about one 750 g whole pumpkin)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked Spanish paprika or spicy Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups roka (ruccola)
- 1 cup soft Feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
Place lentils in small bowl. Cover with cold water and soak a few hours or overnight; drain.
- Cook lentils in boiling salted water until tender but firm, about 30 minutes. Drain lentils. Rinse under cold water, then drain.
- Preheat oven to 180. Place pumpkin in large bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons oil, cumin, paprika, and sea salt. Arrange pumpkin in single layer on baking sheet; roast 15 minutes. Turn over and roast until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool.
- Combine lentils, pumpkin, and oil from baking sheet with roka, half of Feta, mint, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among plates; sprinkle remaining Feta over. Sprinkle with roasted pumpkin seeds.
- No featured products at this time.